As a storage company, we’ve always been dedicated to helping our customers maximize their storage space. Learn how to make the most of your unit at our public storage facility in Petaluma. Don’t hesitate to contact us with your questions.
- Store highly-valued and expensive items in sturdy, unmarked boxes closer to the back of your storage unit.
- Stack all of your lightest boxes on top of the heaviest boxes.
- Place small household items inside large appliances, such as your refrigerator, washing machine, or dryer. Store pictures and mirrors between mattresses and box springs.
- Be sure to place your most frequently used items closer to the front of your unit for easy and convenient access.
- Make a covering over all your property and belongings using old blankets and sheets. Avoid using coverings made of plastic as they have a tendency to ‘sweat.’
- Arrange your belongings and boxes strategically so that large stacks or piles do not shift or fall.
- Place a protective barrier on the floor before loading in your items. Tarps are an ideal option for this and can be purchased at a reasonable price at a local hardware store.
- Keep track and inventory of all your belongings by recording all serial numbers and any other important details. Keep this information at your home.
- Refrain from storing items such as pet bedding material, dry food products, or anything else that could potentially attract rodents.
- Use a good, sturdy lock at all times.
- Do not store sofas and love seats on their end for space-saving purposes. This can be bad for the furniture.
For more useful tips and tricks, reach out to the professionals at Petaluma SelfStorage. We look forward to being your go-to storage company.